Crane & Tower Operators
Crane Operator, Mobile Crane Operator, Overhead Crane Operator, Scrap Crane Operator
- Determine load weights and check them against lifting capacities to prevent overload.
- Move levers, depress foot pedals, or turn dials to operate cranes, cherry pickers, electromagnets, or other moving equipment for lifting, moving, or placing loads.
- Inspect and adjust crane mechanisms or lifting accessories to prevent malfunctions or damage.
Engineering and Technology
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- quickly change the controls of a machine, car, truck or boat
- use your arms and/or legs together while sitting, standing, or lying down
Hand and Finger Use
- keep your arm or hand steady
- hold or move items with your hands
- pay attention to something without being distracted
- do two or more things at the same time
- decide which thing is closer or farther away from you or decide how far away it is from you
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control
- Stress Tolerance
You might use software like this on the job:
- Microsoft Excel
Electronic mail software
- Microsoft Outlook
Office suite software
- Microsoft Office software
high school diploma/GED
Get started on your career: