Certification: Certified Network Systems Technician (NST)
A Network Systems Technician is a network professional who is expected to obtain knowledge of computer network basic concepts, which are applicable to the various specialty areas of the computer industry. The NST must be familiar with the following: Computer Network Terminology, Network Administration, Wide Area Networks and Devices Used to Extend Networks, Network Architectures, Computer Network Topologies and Classifications, Network Services, Network Operations, Network Standards, Troubleshooting LAN/WAN Test Equipment, Network Server and Workstation Computer System Hardware, Network Operating Systems, and Disaster and Security Planning for Networks.
- More than two years of work experience required?
- Oral or Written Exam Required?
- Renewal Required?
- Every 4 Year(s)
- Renew through Re-Examination?
- Does applicant have choice of at least two options from above for renewal (CEU, CPD, or exam)?
The certification has an education level of an Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree or higher and has a work experience requirement of more than 2 years, or requires obtaining a ‘core’ level certification from the same organization.
- This certification is related to military occupational specialties.