Certification: Associate Professional Soil Scientist (APSS)
Certification is the standard by which soil science professionals are judged. Certification sets and maintains the high standards that benefit you and your chosen career. The APSS certification programs are voluntary and offer similar benefits to the public as licensing programs. These standards define the professions of soil science which gives clients, employers, and government agencies a tool to help them choose professionals with the necessary skills to meet their needs.
- More than two years of education or training after high school required?
- More than two years of work experience required?
- Oral or Written Exam Required?
- Renewal Required?
- Every 2 Year(s)
- Renew through Continuing Educational Units(CEU)?
- Renew through Re-Examination?
- Renew through Continuing Professional Development(CPD)?
- Does applicant have choice of at least two options from above for renewal (CEU, CPD, or exam)?
The certification has an education level of an Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree or higher and has a work experience requirement of more than 2 years, or requires obtaining a ‘core’ level certification from the same organization.
- This certification is related to military occupational specialties.