Certification: Acute/Critical Care Knowledge Professional (Adult) (CCRN-K)
CCRN-K certification is for the nursing professional who in their practice applies knowledge in a way that influences patients, nurses and/or organizations to have a positive impact on acutely and/or critically ill adult, pediatric or neonatal patients but does not work at the bedside.
- More than two years of education or training after high school required?
- More than two years of work experience required?
- Oral or Written Exam Required?
- Renewal Required?
- Every 3 Year(s)
- Renew through Continuing Educational Units(CEU)?
- Renew through Re-Examination?
- Renew through Continuing Professional Development(CPD)?
- Does applicant have choice of at least two options from above for renewal (CEU, CPD, or exam)?
The certification corresponds to a specialty within a recognized occupation. For example, Oncology Nurse and Pediatric Nurse are specialties within the nursing field, so Certified Oncology Nurse and Certified Pediatric Nurse would be classified as specialty certifications.