Certification: Certified Wound Ostomy Continence Nurse - Advance Practice (CWOCN-AP)
611 East Wells Street, Milwaukee, WI 53202
Becoming board certified is a voluntary process that requires consistent evaluations of a nurse's professional knowledge and skills. While a nurse who is not board certified may possess basic entry-level skills, he or she may not have the specialized skills and experience to adequately provide expert care. Board certification ensures that a nurse is knowledgeable and well qualified to provide specialized care to meet patients' wound, ostomy, and continence needs.
- More than two years of education or training after high school required?
- More than two years of work experience required?
- Oral or Written Exam Required?
- Renewal Required?
- Every 5 Year(s)
- Renew through Continuing Educational Units(CEU)?
- Renew through Re-Examination?
- Renew through Continuing Professional Development(CPD)?
- Does applicant have choice of at least two options from above for renewal (CEU, CPD, or exam)?
The certification has an education level of an Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree or higher and has a work experience requirement of more than 2 years, or requires obtaining a ‘core’ level certification from the same organization.
- This certification is related to military occupational specialties.