Certification: Clinical Nurse Specialist Perioperative Certification (CNS-CP)
CNS-CP certification validates the achievement of the masters-prepared CNS who has chosen to seek current proficiency as an advanced practice nurse practicing in the perioperative (pre-, intra-, and post-operative) setting. The purpose of the CNS-CP exam is to provide recognition for those CNSs serving in an advanced practice perioperative specialty. The exam does not confer initial licensure as an APRN. This specialty certification is in addition to, not in place of, primary population-focused certification.
- More than two years of education or training after high school required?
- More than two years of work experience required?
- Oral or Written Exam Required?
- Renewal Required?
- Every 5 Year(s)
- Renew through Continuing Educational Units(CEU)?
- Renew through Re-Examination?
- Does applicant have choice of at least two options from above for renewal (CEU, CPD, or exam)?
The certification has an education level of an Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree or higher and has a work experience requirement of more than 2 years, or requires obtaining a ‘core’ level certification from the same organization.