Certification: Associate Safety Professional (ASP)
An ASP may hold positions at the technical level or program management level and may directly supervise employees. Your knowledge of safety concepts and expertise in fundamental safety assurance methodologies can make you a key member of a project, operational, or design team. An ASP may be called upon to coordinate safety activities, conduct basic safety analyses, identify hazardous situations, and recommend or oversee implementation of risk reduction measures.
- More than two years of education or training after high school required?
- More than two years of work experience required?
- Oral or Written Exam Required?
- Renewal Required?
- Every 1 Year(s)
- Renew through Continuing Educational Units(CEU)?
- Renew through Re-Examination?
- Does applicant have choice of at least two options from above for renewal (CEU, CPD, or exam)?
The certification has an education level of an Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree or higher and has a work experience requirement of more than 2 years, or requires obtaining a ‘core’ level certification from the same organization.
- This certification is considered in demand.
- This certification is accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA).
- This certification is accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI).
- This certification is related to military occupational specialties.