Certification: Certified Correctional Health Professional - Registered Nurse (CCHP-RN)
CCHP-RN certification makes a difference-to the patients whose care is provided by certified correctional nurses, to employers who desire top-notch nurses on staff and to the nurses who attain the credential. This specialty certification for registered nurses recognizes CCHPs who have demonstrated the knowledge necessary to deliver specialized nursing care in corrections.
- More than two years of education or training after high school required?
- More than two years of work experience required?
- Oral or Written Exam Required?
- Renewal Required?
- Every 1 Year(s)
- Renew through Continuing Educational Units(CEU)?
- Renew through Re-Examination?
- Renew through Continuing Professional Development(CPD)?
- Does applicant have choice of at least two options from above for renewal (CEU, CPD, or exam)?
The certification has an education level of an Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree or higher and has a work experience requirement of more than 2 years, or requires obtaining a ‘core’ level certification from the same organization.
- This certification is related to military occupational specialties.