Certification: Internet of Things Foundation Certification (IoTF)
The Internet of Things Foundation certification(IoTF) covers the basic concepts, terminology, and key components of IoT. It explains the business perspectives of IoT including the advantages of early adoption and monetization models. It further expands on the technologies enabling IoT and the various challenges to expect. Several scenarios describe the use cases and applications of IoT that result in smart applications and services to inspire organizations making the move to IoT. The certification provides future insights in IoT and forecasts the status of the connected world in 2020.
- More than two years of education or training after high school required?
- More than two years of work experience required?
- Oral or Written Exam Required?
- Renew through Continuing Educational Units(CEU)?
- Renew through Re-Examination?
- Renew through Continuing Professional Development(CPD)?
- Does applicant have choice of at least two options from above for renewal (CEU, CPD, or exam)?
Third Party Exam Center
Successfully Passing (65%) the 75-minute exam, consisting of 25 multiple-choice questions, leads to the Internet of Things Foundation Certification.
- The certification does not have a minimum education level or has an education level below a two-year Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree and the certification does not have a minimum requirement for work experience or requires two or less years of work experience.
- The certification has an education level of an Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree or higher, but has a work experience requirement of less than 2 years of work experience.
- The certification has a work experience requirement of more than 2 years but does not require a two-year Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree.