Certification: Board Certified Entomologist (BCE)
3 Park Place, Suite #307, Annapolis, MD 21401-3722
ESA conducts a program that tests the knowledge and experience of practicing entomologists and certifies their professionalism. Those who participate and meet the requirements of the certification program earn the designation Board Certified Entomologist (BCE). Continuing education and adherence to a strict code of ethical standards are required for BCEs to maintain certification.
- More than two years of education or training after high school required?
- More than two years of work experience required?
- Oral or Written Exam Required?
- Renewal Required?
- Every 3 Year(s)
- Renew through Continuing Educational Units(CEU)?
- Renew through Re-Examination?
- Renew through Continuing Professional Development(CPD)?
- Does applicant have choice of at least two options from above for renewal (CEU, CPD, or exam)?
- The certification does not have a minimum education level or has an education level below a two-year Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree and the certification does not have a minimum requirement for work experience or requires two or less years of work experience.
- The certification has an education level of an Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree or higher, but has a work experience requirement of less than 2 years of work experience.
- The certification has a work experience requirement of more than 2 years but does not require a two-year Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree.