Certification: Certified Crop Adviser - Resistance Management Specialty (RMS)
The Resistance Management Specialty (RMS) is for CCAs who do Integrated Pest Management (IPM) and focus their work in crop protection. Not all CCAs work extensively on pest management, but focus on other aspects of crop advising. The RMS allows those CCAs who advise on pest management to become more visible and recognized for their integrated systems thinking and approach to avoid development of resistance or alleviate resistance problems in order to meet the need for improved environmental stewardship. It allows CCAs to prove their knowledge, advance their skills and draw awareness to their professional abilities. It should align with USDA-NRCS and US-EPA for pest management standards.
- More than two years of work experience required?
- Oral or Written Exam Required?
- Renewal Required?
- Every 2 Year(s)
- Renew through Continuing Educational Units(CEU)?
- Does applicant have choice of at least two options from above for renewal (CEU, CPD, or exam)?
- The certification does not have a minimum education level or has an education level below a two-year Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree and the certification does not have a minimum requirement for work experience or requires two or less years of work experience.
- The certification has an education level of an Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree or higher, but has a work experience requirement of less than 2 years of work experience.
- The certification has a work experience requirement of more than 2 years but does not require a two-year Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree.