Certification: Registered Technologist - Nuclear Medicine Technology (RTN)
The purpose of the ARRT Examination in Nuclear Medicine Technology is to assess the knowledge and cognitive skills underlying the intelligent performance of the tasks typically required of the staff technologist at entry into the profession. To identify the knowledge and skills covered by the examination, the ARRT periodically conducts practice analysis studies involving a nationwide sample of staff technologists.
- More than two years of education or training after high school required?
- Oral or Written Exam Required?
- Renewal Required?
- Every 2 Year(s)
- Renew through Continuing Educational Units(CEU)?
- Renew through Re-Examination?
- Does applicant have choice of at least two options from above for renewal (CEU, CPD, or exam)?
The certification corresponds to a specialty within a recognized occupation. For example, Oncology Nurse and Pediatric Nurse are specialties within the nursing field, so Certified Oncology Nurse and Certified Pediatric Nurse would be classified as specialty certifications.
- This certification is accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA).
- This certification is related to military occupational specialties.