Certification: Registered Technologist - Magnetic Resonance Imaging (RTMR)
The purpose of the ARRT Examination in Magnetic Resonance Imaging is to assess the knowledge and cognitive skills underlying the intelligent performance of the tasks typically required of staff technologists practicing in this specialized area. In order to identify the knowledge and skills covered by the examination, the ARRT conducted a job analysis study involving a nationwide sample of MRI technologists.
- More than two years of education or training after high school required?
- More than two years of work experience required?
- Oral or Written Exam Required?
- Renewal Required?
- Every 2 Year(s)
- Renew through Continuing Educational Units(CEU)?
- Renew through Re-Examination?
- Does applicant have choice of at least two options from above for renewal (CEU, CPD, or exam)?
- The certification does not have a minimum education level or has an education level below a two-year Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree and the certification does not have a minimum requirement for work experience or requires two or less years of work experience.
- The certification has an education level of an Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree or higher, but has a work experience requirement of less than 2 years of work experience.
- The certification has a work experience requirement of more than 2 years but does not require a two-year Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree.
- This certification is related to military occupational specialties.