Certification: Certified Neuroscience Registered Nurse (CNRN)
4700 W. Lake Avenue, Glenview, IL 60025-1485
The Certified Neuroscience Registered Nurse (CNRN) credential formally recognizes the attainment and demonstration of a unique body of knowledge necessary for the practice of neuroscience nursing. Through this credential, ABNN recognizes nurses who demonstrate the attainment of this knowledge through successful completion of the certification exam or recertification through continuing education.
- More than two years of education or training after high school required?
- More than two years of work experience required?
- Oral or Written Exam Required?
- Renewal Required?
- Every 5 Year(s)
- Renew through Continuing Educational Units(CEU)?
- Renew through Re-Examination?
- Does applicant have choice of at least two options from above for renewal (CEU, CPD, or exam)?
The certification corresponds to a specialty within a recognized occupation. For example, Oncology Nurse and Pediatric Nurse are specialties within the nursing field, so Certified Oncology Nurse and Certified Pediatric Nurse would be classified as specialty certifications.
- This certification is considered in demand.
- This certification is related to military occupational specialties.