Certification: Certified Insurance Examiner (CIE)

130 Cherry Street, Suite 202, Olathe, Kansas 66061

A CIE is awarded to insurance regulatory professionals who have attained the AIE in one field and cross-trained in the other field. In order to earn a CIE, applicants must have previously earned (or meet the educational requirements to earn an AIE) under either the Property-Casualty Educational Path or a Life-Health Educational Path, complete the required course work following the same path taken to earn the AIE and meet certain employment and experience requirements.

More than two years of education or training after high school required?
More than two years of work experience required?
Oral or Written Exam Required?
Renewal Required?
Every 1 Year(s)
Renew through Continuing Educational Units(CEU)?
Does applicant have choice of at least two options from above for renewal (CEU, CPD, or exam)?


The certification has an education level of an Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree or higher and has a work experience requirement of more than 2 years, or requires obtaining a ‘core’ level certification from the same organization.