Certification: Certified Addictions Registered Nurse (CARN)
This examination, implemented by the Addictions Nursing Certification Board (ANCB), is designed to determine and recognize the ability of an individual to apply knowledge from nursing and related disciplines to the care of persons with problems resulting from patterns of abuse, dependence, and all aspects of addictions.
- More than two years of education or training after high school required?
- More than two years of work experience required?
- Oral or Written Exam Required?
- Renewal Required?
- Every 4 Year(s)
- Renew through Continuing Professional Development(CPD)?
- Does applicant have choice of at least two options from above for renewal (CEU, CPD, or exam)?
The certification corresponds to a specialty within a recognized occupation. For example, Oncology Nurse and Pediatric Nurse are specialties within the nursing field, so Certified Oncology Nurse and Certified Pediatric Nurse would be classified as specialty certifications.
- This certification is related to military occupational specialties.