Certification: Certified Addictions Registered Nurse - Advanced Practice (CARN-AP)
This examination, implemented by the Addictions Nursing Certification Board (ANCB), is designed to determine and recognize the ability of an individual to apply advanced knowledge from nursing and related disciplines to the care of persons with problems resulting from patterns of abuse, dependence, and all aspects of addictions.
- More than two years of education or training after high school required?
- More than two years of work experience required?
- Oral or Written Exam Required?
- Renewal Required?
- Every 4 Year(s)
- Renew through Continuing Professional Development(CPD)?
- Does applicant have choice of at least two options from above for renewal (CEU, CPD, or exam)?
The certification has an education level of an Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree or higher and has a work experience requirement of more than 2 years, or requires obtaining a ‘core’ level certification from the same organization.