Certification: Registered Technologist - Bone Densitometry (RTBD)
The purpose of the ARRT Examination in Bone Densitometry is to assess the knowledge and cognitive skills underlying the intelligent performance of the tasks typically required by professional practice in this specialized area. The knowledge and skills covered by the examination were determined by administering a comprehensive practice analysis survey to a nationwide sample of technologists working in bone densitometry.
- More than two years of education or training after high school required?
- Oral or Written Exam Required?
- Renewal Required?
- Every 2 Year(s)
- Renew through Continuing Educational Units(CEU)?
- Renew through Re-Examination?
- Renew through Continuing Professional Development(CPD)?
- Does applicant have choice of at least two options from above for renewal (CEU, CPD, or exam)?
The certification corresponds to a specialty within a recognized occupation. For example, Oncology Nurse and Pediatric Nurse are specialties within the nursing field, so Certified Oncology Nurse and Certified Pediatric Nurse would be classified as specialty certifications.
- This certification is related to military occupational specialties.