Certification: Aquatics Facility Operator (AFO)
The NRPA AFO program is an advanced, state-of-the-art educational training program for those persons managing and operating aquatic facilities. The AFO program is fast becoming the leading training opportunity for pool operators and aquatic facility managers in the United States and to date has certified over 6,000 aquatic facility operators.
- More than two years of education or training after high school required?
- Oral or Written Exam Required?
- Renewal Required?
- Every 3 Year(s)
- Renew through Continuing Educational Units(CEU)?
- Renew through Re-Examination?
- Does applicant have choice of at least two options from above for renewal (CEU, CPD, or exam)?
- The certification does not have a minimum education level or has an education level below a two-year Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree and the certification does not have a minimum requirement for work experience or requires two or less years of work experience.
- The certification has an education level of an Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree or higher, but has a work experience requirement of less than 2 years of work experience.
- The certification has a work experience requirement of more than 2 years but does not require a two-year Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree.
- This certification is related to military occupational specialties.