Certification: Broadband-Voice over Internet Protocol (B-VoIP)
B-VoIP technicians are versed in telephone and Internet communications. They install, maintain and repair/replace voice, data and video over Internet Protocol equipment. They are capable of interconnecting B-VoIP equipment to local and wide area computer network systems. They are familiar with many acronyms used in the telecom industry. They are capable of performing cable installation, replacement/modernization and interconnection between different cable types and wireless equipment. They are knowledgeable in all the protocols being used for the telecommunications industry. They are capable of configuring and provisioning B-VoIP equipment and transmission media.
- Oral or Written Exam Required?
- Renewal Required?
- Every 4 Year(s)
- The certification does not have a minimum education level or has an education level below a two-year Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree and the certification does not have a minimum requirement for work experience or requires two or less years of work experience.
- The certification has an education level of an Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree or higher, but has a work experience requirement of less than 2 years of work experience.
- The certification has a work experience requirement of more than 2 years but does not require a two-year Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree.
- This certification is related to military occupational specialties.