Certification: Certification Authorization Professional (CAP)
1964 Gallows Road, Suite 210 Vienna. VA
The CAP credential is an objective measure of the knowledge, skills and abilities required for personnel involved in the Certification and Accreditation process. Specifically, the credential applies to professionals responsible for formalizing processes used to assess risk and establish security requirements, as well as ensure information systems possess security commensurate with the level of exposure to potential risk.
- More than two years of education or training after high school required?
- More than two years of work experience required?
- Either training or work experience required, but not both?
- Oral or Written Exam Required?
- Renewal Required?
- Every 3 Year(s)
- Renew through Continuing Educational Units(CEU)?
- Renew through Re-Examination?
- Renew through Continuing Professional Development(CPD)?
- Does applicant have choice of at least two options from above for renewal (CEU, CPD, or exam)?
- The certification does not have a minimum education level or has an education level below a two-year Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree and the certification does not have a minimum requirement for work experience or requires two or less years of work experience.
- The certification has an education level of an Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree or higher, but has a work experience requirement of less than 2 years of work experience.
- The certification has a work experience requirement of more than 2 years but does not require a two-year Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree.
- This certification is accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI).
- This certification is related to military occupational specialties.