Certification: Safety Trained Supervisor (STS)
The STS certification provides a means for employers to verify first-line supervisors and managers of safety and health knowledge. The program requires applicants to meet minimum education and experience requirements and demonstrate knowledge of basic safety and health standards and practices.
- More than two years of education or training after high school required?
- More than two years of work experience required?
- Oral or Written Exam Required?
- Renewal Required?
- Every 5 Year(s)
- Renew through Continuing Educational Units(CEU)?
- Renew through Re-Examination?
- Renew through Continuing Professional Development(CPD)?
- Does applicant have choice of at least two options from above for renewal (CEU, CPD, or exam)?
The certification has an education level of an Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree or higher and has a work experience requirement of more than 2 years, or requires obtaining a ‘core’ level certification from the same organization.
- This certification is accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA).
- This certification is accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI).