Certification: Certified Bariatric Nurse (CBN)
100 SW 75th Street, Suite 201 Gainesville, FL 32607
The Certified Bariatric Nurse (CBN) Examination is designed to assess the professional competence of practitioners of Bariatric Nursing. Achievement of a passing score on the examination is required for an individual to earn the Certified Bariatric Nurse (CBN) credential. This requires each candidate to demonstrate competence in all technical aspects of Bariatric Nursing commensurate with the standards established by the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS) for effective and safe patient care.
- More than two years of education or training after high school required?
- More than two years of work experience required?
- Oral or Written Exam Required?
- Renewal Required?
- Every 4 Year(s)
- Renew through Continuing Educational Units(CEU)?
- Renew through Re-Examination?
- Renew through Continuing Professional Development(CPD)?
- Does applicant have choice of at least two options from above for renewal (CEU, CPD, or exam)?
The certification corresponds to a specialty within a recognized occupation. For example, Oncology Nurse and Pediatric Nurse are specialties within the nursing field, so Certified Oncology Nurse and Certified Pediatric Nurse would be classified as specialty certifications.