Certification: Dermatology Nurse Certified (DNC)
Certification provides an added credential beyond licensure and demonstrates by examination that the Registered Nurse or Nurse Practitioner has acquired a core body of specialized knowledge and adheres to specialized nursing standards. It assures consumer protection and confers peer and public recognition to those individuals who prove proficient in their practice.
- More than two years of education or training after high school required?
- More than two years of work experience required?
- Oral or Written Exam Required?
- Renewal Required?
- Every 3 Year(s)
- Renew through Continuing Educational Units(CEU)?
- Renew through Re-Examination?
- Renew through Continuing Professional Development(CPD)?
- Does applicant have choice of at least two options from above for renewal (CEU, CPD, or exam)?
The certification corresponds to a specialty within a recognized occupation. For example, Oncology Nurse and Pediatric Nurse are specialties within the nursing field, so Certified Oncology Nurse and Certified Pediatric Nurse would be classified as specialty certifications.