Certification: Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner - Adult/Adolescent (SANE)
The earned credentials of SANE-A and SANE-P designate that the recipient has achieved the highest standards of forensic nursing for sexual assault nurse examiners. Nurse examiners initially become certified by meeting the eligibility requirements and achieving a passing score on the certification examination.
- More than two years of education or training after high school required?
- More than two years of work experience required?
- Oral or Written Exam Required?
- Renewal Required?
- Every 3 Year(s)
- Renew through Continuing Educational Units(CEU)?
- Renew through Re-Examination?
- Renew through Continuing Professional Development(CPD)?
- Does applicant have choice of at least two options from above for renewal (CEU, CPD, or exam)?
The certification corresponds to a specialty within a recognized occupation. For example, Oncology Nurse and Pediatric Nurse are specialties within the nursing field, so Certified Oncology Nurse and Certified Pediatric Nurse would be classified as specialty certifications.