Certification: Advanced AIDS Certified Registered Nurse (AACRN)
The Association of Nurses in AIDS Care (ANAC) and the HIV/AIDS Nursing Certification Board (HANCB) encourage you to pursue certification as an HIV/AIDS Certified Registered Nurse (AACRN). Certification is an indication of current knowledge, skills and experience in a specialized area of practice to promote optimal health outcomes. Certification can lead to increased personal satisfaction, job satisfaction and patient satisfaction. It can also improve collaboration, as well as patient and organizational outcomes.
- More than two years of education or training after high school required?
- More than two years of work experience required?
- Oral or Written Exam Required?
- Renewal Required?
- Every 4 Year(s)
- Renew through Continuing Educational Units(CEU)?
- Renew through Re-Examination?
- Renew through Continuing Professional Development(CPD)?
- Does applicant have choice of at least two options from above for renewal (CEU, CPD, or exam)?
The certification has an education level of an Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree or higher and has a work experience requirement of more than 2 years, or requires obtaining a ‘core’ level certification from the same organization.