Certification: Certification in Medical Health Physics
The ABMP tests the candidate's experience and practical knowledge in the area of current radiation protection standards and practices for both ionizing and nonionizing radiation. ABMP MHP certification is recognized by the NRC for RSO eligibility. Candidates who meet these standards will receive recognition on their diploma. Acceptable verification must be obtained from a Certified Medical Physicist and a Certified Physician who practices in a medical specialty related to the candidate's field, and who have personal knowledge of the candidate's training, experience, and ethical standing.
- More than two years of education or training after high school required?
- More than two years of work experience required?
- Oral or Written Exam Required?
- Renewal Required?
- Every 3 Year(s)
- Renew through Continuing Educational Units(CEU)?
- Renew through Re-Examination?
- Renew through Continuing Professional Development(CPD)?
- Does applicant have choice of at least two options from above for renewal (CEU, CPD, or exam)?
The certification corresponds to a specialty within a recognized occupation. For example, Oncology Nurse and Pediatric Nurse are specialties within the nursing field, so Certified Oncology Nurse and Certified Pediatric Nurse would be classified as specialty certifications.