Certification: Weight Management Specialty Certification
Our Weight Management Specialty Certification is designed for fitness professionals or members of allied health who want to address weight management by going beyond exercise programming. The curriculum will help a wide range of professionals - from current and aspiring health coaches to nurses - understand how to motivate people to change behaviors that have kept them from reaching their weight-related goals.
- More than two years of education or training after high school required?
- More than two years of work experience required?
- Oral or Written Exam Required?
- Renew through Continuing Educational Units(CEU)?
- Renew through Re-Examination?
- Renew through Continuing Professional Development(CPD)?
- Does applicant have choice of at least two options from above for renewal (CEU, CPD, or exam)?
The certification corresponds to a specialty within a recognized occupation. For example, Oncology Nurse and Pediatric Nurse are specialties within the nursing field, so Certified Oncology Nurse and Certified Pediatric Nurse would be classified as specialty certifications.