Certification: Clinical Nurse Specialist; Wellness through Acute Care (Adult-Gerontology) (ACCNS-AG)
ACCNS is an entry-level advanced practice certification for nurses educated at the graduate level as clinical nurse specialists (CNSs) to provide advanced nursing care across the continuum of healthcare services (from wellness through acute care) to meet the specialized needs of adult-gerontology, pediatric or neonatal patient populations.
- More than two years of education or training after high school required?
- More than two years of work experience required?
- Oral or Written Exam Required?
- Renewal Required?
- Every 5 Year(s)
- Renew through Continuing Educational Units(CEU)?
- Renew through Re-Examination?
- Does applicant have choice of at least two options from above for renewal (CEU, CPD, or exam)?
The certification has an education level of an Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree or higher and has a work experience requirement of more than 2 years, or requires obtaining a ‘core’ level certification from the same organization.
- This certification is accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA).