Certification: Certified Hemodialysis Nurse (CHN)
The BONENT Certified Hemodialysis Nurse examination measures nursing proficiency in certain skills, tasks and general areas of knowledge. The examination tests skills and general areas of knowledge. The examination tests the following four major domains of practice and tasks performed in the scope of hemodialysis nursing: Supervision/Administration 10%, Dialysis and Related Issues 74.5%, Professional Development 5.5%, Environmental Control 10.0%.
- More than two years of education or training after high school required?
- More than two years of work experience required?
- Oral or Written Exam Required?
- Renewal Required?
- Every 4 Year(s)
- Renew through Continuing Educational Units(CEU)?
- Renew through Re-Examination?
- Does applicant have choice of at least two options from above for renewal (CEU, CPD, or exam)?
The certification corresponds to a specialty within a recognized occupation. For example, Oncology Nurse and Pediatric Nurse are specialties within the nursing field, so Certified Oncology Nurse and Certified Pediatric Nurse would be classified as specialty certifications.