Emergency Management Directors
Emergency Management Coordinator, Emergency Management System Director (EMS Director), Emergency Planner, Emergency Services Director
Select a military branch to see samples.
Air Battle Manager; Bioenvironmental Engineering; Civil Engineer, Fighter; Command and Control; Command and Control Operations Superintendent; Cyberspace Effects Operations, Tanker (if Prefix N or P); Fire Protection Apprentice; Munitions Systems; Operations Management Journeyman; Security Forces Journeyman, Combat Arms
AVENGER Crewmember (USAR/NG only); Air and Missile Defense (AMD) Systems Tactician; Aviation, General; Chemical, Biological, Radiological, and Nuclear (CBRN) Warrant Officer; Counter Intelligence Agent; Explosive Ordnance Disposal; Indirect Fire Infantryman; Military Intelligence (MI) Systems Maintainer/Integrator; Senior Military Police Sergeant; Special Forces Communications Sergeant
Boatswain Specialty; Boatswain's Mate; Damage Controlman; Gunner's Mate; Investigator; Marine Safety Specialist Engineer; Maritime Enforcement Specialist; Material Maintenance Specialty; Operations Systems Specialist; Search and Rescue Coordination
Air Command and Control Officer; Artillery Unit Leader; Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear (CBRN) Responder; Counterintelligence/Human Intelligence (CI/HUMINT) Specialist; Field Artillery Cannoneer; Ground Ordnance Weapons Chief; Infantry Unit Leader; Light Armored Reconnaissance Marine; Naval Surface Fire Support Planner; Ordnance Vehicle Maintenance Chief
AOC AADC Chief of Operations Staff Officer; AOC Senior Air Defense Officer; CWO - Oceanography Warrant Officer; Disaster Preparedness Operations and Training Specialist; LDO - Operations, Aviation; Naval Aircrewman (Operator); Operations Specialist; Senior Explosive Ordnance Disposal Technician; Staff Readiness Officer (Antisubmarine Warfare); Staff Readiness Officer (Submarine Warfare)No similar titles were found.
What they do:Plan and direct disaster response or crisis management activities, provide disaster preparedness training, and prepare emergency plans and procedures for natural (e.g., hurricanes, floods, earthquakes), wartime, or technological (e.g., nuclear power plant emergencies or hazardous materials spills) disasters or hostage situations.
On the job, you would:
- Keep informed of activities or changes that could affect the likelihood of an emergency, response efforts, or plan implementation.
- Prepare emergency situation status reports that describe response and recovery efforts, needs, and preliminary damage assessments.
- Prepare plans that outline operating procedures to be used in response to disasters or emergencies, such as hurricanes, nuclear accidents, and terrorist attacks, and in recovery from these events.
Safety and Government
- public safety and security
- law and government
- customer service
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- talking to others
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- looking for ways to help people
- changing what is done based on other people's actions
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- notice when problems happen
- pay attention to something without being distracted
- do two or more things at the same time
- quickly know what you are looking at
People interested in this work like activities that include helping people, teaching, and talking.
They do well at jobs that need:
You might use software like this on the job:
Geographic information system
- ESRI ArcGIS software
- Geographic information system GIS software
- Microsoft PowerPoint
Data base user interface and query software
- Relational database software
- SoftRisk Technologies SoftRisk SQL
Education: (rated 4 of 5)
bachelor's degree or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are less likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Business Continuity Planners
- Compliance Managers
- Information Security Engineers
- Security Management Specialists
- Security Managers
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about emergency management directors.