Energy Efficiency Engineer, Energy Engineer, Industrial Energy Engineer, Test and Balance Engineer
see titles from the Air Force
Civil Engineer; Civil Engineer, Airlift; Civil Engineer, Bomber; Civil Engineer, Civil Engineer; Civil Engineer, Environmental Engineer; Civil Engineer, Fighter; Civil Engineer, General Engineer; Civil Engineer, Industrial Engineer; Civil Engineer, RPA; Civil Engineer, Special Operations
What they do:
Design, develop, or evaluate energy-related projects or programs to reduce energy costs or improve energy efficiency during the designing, building, or remodeling stages of construction. May specialize in electrical systems; heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning (HVAC) systems; green buildings; lighting; air quality; or energy procurement.
On the job, you would:
- Identify and recommend energy savings strategies to achieve more energy-efficient operation.
- Conduct energy audits to evaluate energy use and to identify conservation and cost reduction measures.
- Monitor and analyze energy consumption.
Engineering and Technology
- product and service development
- building and construction
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
- customer service
Arts and Humanities
- reading work related information
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- measuring how well a system is working and how to improve it
- listen and understand what people say
- read and understand what is written
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- choose the right type of math to solve a problem
- add, subtract, multiply, or divide
- pay attention to something without being distracted
People interested in this work like activities that include ideas, thinking, and figuring things out.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Analytical Thinking
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Analytical or scientific software
- Architectural Energy Corporation ENFORMA Building Diagnostics
- The MathWorks MATLAB
Computer aided design CAD software
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Home Energy Efficient Design HEED