Coin, Vending, & Amusement Machine Servicers & Repairers
Also called: Field Service Technician, Service Technician, Slot Technician, Vending Technician
In the Army: Combat Engineer
What they do:Install, service, adjust, or repair coin, vending, or amusement machines including video games, juke boxes, pinball machines, or slot machines.
On the job, you would:
- Fill machines with products, ingredients, money, and other supplies.
- Inspect machines and meters to determine causes of malfunctions and fix minor problems such as jammed bills or stuck products.
- Test machines to determine proper functioning.
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- customer service
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
Hand and Finger Use
- hold or move items with your hands
- put together small parts with your fingers
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Stress Tolerance
- Self Control
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Electronic mail software
- Locksmiths & Safe Repairers
- Mechanical Door Repairers
- Outdoor Power Equipment & Other Small Engine Mechanics
- Rail-Track Laying & Maintenance Equipment Operators
- Telecommunications Line Installers & Repairers
You might like a career in one of these industries: