Bus Aide, Bus Monitor, School Bus Monitor, Bus Attendant
see titles from the Air Force.
Air Transportation; Air Transportation Apprentice; Air Transportation Craftsman; Air Transportation Helper; Air Transportation Journeyman; Air Transportation Superintendent
What they do:
Provide services to ensure the safety and comfort of passengers aboard ships, buses, trains, or within the station or terminal. Perform duties such as greeting passengers, explaining the use of safety equipment, serving meals or beverages, or answering questions related to travel.
On the job, you would:
- Provide boarding assistance to elderly, sick, or injured people.
- Open and close doors for passengers.
- Respond to passengers' questions, requests, or complaints.
Safety and Government
- public safety and security
- customer service
- movement of people or goods by air, rail, sea, or road
Math and Science
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- talking to others
- looking for ways to help people
- understanding people's reactions
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
- do two or more things at the same time
- pay attention to something without being distracted
Hearing and Speech
- speak clearly
- recognize spoken words
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Self Control
- Concern for Others
- Attention to Detail
- Stress Tolerance
You might use software like this on the job:
Electronic mail software
Word processing software
Time accounting software