Hydroelectric Production Managers
Maintenance Supervisor, Operations Supervisor, Plant Manager, Power Plant Supervisor
What they do:
Manage operations at hydroelectric power generation facilities. Maintain and monitor hydroelectric plant equipment for efficient and safe plant operations.
On the job, you would:
- Direct operations, maintenance, or repair of hydroelectric power facilities.
- Identify and communicate power system emergencies.
- Maintain records of hydroelectric facility operations, maintenance, or repairs.
Engineering and Technology
- product and service development
Safety and Government
- public safety and security
- law and government
- human resources (HR)
Arts and Humanities
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- talking to others
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- use rules to solve problems
- add, subtract, multiply, or divide
- choose the right type of math to solve a problem
- quickly compare groups of letters, numbers, pictures, or other things
People interested in this work like activities that include leading, making decisions, and business.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Analytical Thinking
You might use software like this on the job:
Industrial control software
- Distributed control system DCS
- Supervisory control and data acquisition SCADA software
Electronic mail software
certificate after high school or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are less likely in the future.
You might like a career in one of these industries: