Wind Energy Development Managers
Business Development Director, Business Development Manager, Development Director, Development Manager
What they do:Lead or manage the development and evaluation of potential wind energy business opportunities, including environmental studies, permitting, and proposals. May also manage construction of projects.
On the job, you would:
- Coordinate or direct development, energy assessment, engineering, or construction activities to ensure that wind project needs and objectives are met.
- Manage wind project costs to stay within budget limits.
- Lead or support negotiations involving tax agreements or abatements, power purchase agreements, land use, or interconnection agreements.
- accounting and economics
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Engineering and Technology
- building and construction
- product and service development
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- reading work related information
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- managing your time and the time of other people
- selecting and managing the best workers for a job
- listen and understand what people say
- read and understand what is written
Ideas and Logic
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- use rules to solve problems
- choose the right type of math to solve a problem
- add, subtract, multiply, or divide
People interested in this work like activities that include leading, making decisions, and business.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Project management software
- Microsoft Project
- Oracle Primavera Systems
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Excel
Education: (rated 4 of 5)
bachelor's degree or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Energy Engineers
- Hydroelectric Production Managers
- Solar Energy Systems Engineers
- Wind Energy Engineers
- Wind Energy Operations Managers
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about wind energy development managers.