Transportation, Storage, & Distribution Managers
Distribution Center Manager, Fleet Manager, Logistics Operations Manager, Supply Chain Logistics Manager
What they do:Plan, direct, or coordinate transportation, storage, or distribution activities in accordance with organizational policies and applicable government laws or regulations. Includes logistics managers.
On the job, you would:
- Supervise the activities of workers engaged in receiving, storing, testing, and shipping products or materials.
- Plan, develop, or implement warehouse safety and security programs and activities.
- Inspect physical conditions of warehouses, vehicle fleets, or equipment and order testing, maintenance, repairs, or replacements.
- movement of people or goods by air, rail, sea, or road
- customer service
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
- talking to others
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- measuring how well a system is working and how to improve it
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- use rules to solve problems
- choose the right type of math to solve a problem
- add, subtract, multiply, or divide
People interested in this work like activities that include leading, making decisions, and business.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Stress Tolerance
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Enterprise resource planning ERP software
- Microsoft Dynamics
- SAP software
- Microsoft PowerPoint
Materials requirements planning logistics and supply chain software
- Warehouse management system WMS
Education: (rated 4 of 5)
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- General & Operations Managers
- Logistics Analysts
- Logistics Engineers
- Supply Chain Managers
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about transportation, storage, and distribution managers.