Education Administrators, Postsecondary
Academic Affairs Vice President (Academic Affairs VP), Academic Dean, Dean, Registrar
What they do:Plan, direct, or coordinate student instruction, administration, and services, as well as other research and educational activities, at postsecondary institutions, including universities, colleges, and junior and community colleges.
On the job, you would:
- Design or use assessments to monitor student learning outcomes.
- Recruit, hire, train, and terminate departmental personnel.
- Direct, coordinate, and evaluate the activities of personnel, including support staff engaged in administering academic institutions, departments, or alumni organizations.
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- customer service
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- reading work related information
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- teaching people how to do something
- understanding people's reactions
- communicate by speaking
- communicate by writing
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- pay attention to something without being distracted
People interested in this work like activities that include leading, making decisions, and business.
They do well at jobs that need:
You might use software like this on the job:
Enterprise resource planning ERP software
- Microsoft Dynamics
- SAP software
Data base user interface and query software
- Blackboard software
- Microsoft Access
Web page creation and editing software
- Google Sites
Education: (rated 5 of 5)
master's degree or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Education Administrators, Kindergarten through Secondary
- Education Teachers, Postsecondary
- Instructional Coordinators
- Teaching Assistants, Postsecondary
- Training & Development Managers
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about education administrators, postsecondary.