Architectural & Engineering Managers
Engineering Director, Engineering Program Manager, Project Engineering Manager, Project Manager
What they do:Plan, direct, or coordinate activities in such fields as architecture and engineering or research and development in these fields.
On the job, you would:
- Manage the coordination and overall integration of technical activities in architecture or engineering projects.
- Direct, review, or approve project design changes.
- Consult or negotiate with clients to prepare project specifications.
Engineering and Technology
- product and service development
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- reading work related information
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- read and understand what is written
- communicate by speaking
Ideas and Logic
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- notice when problems happen
- choose the right type of math to solve a problem
- add, subtract, multiply, or divide
People interested in this work like activities that include leading, making decisions, and business.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Analytical Thinking
- Attention to Detail
- Stress Tolerance
You might use software like this on the job:
Data base management system software
- Amazon DynamoDB
- Apache Hive
- Microsoft PowerPoint
Computer aided design CAD software
- Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Autodesk Revit
Education: (rated 5 of 5)
bachelor's degree or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are less likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Electrical Engineers
- Industrial Engineers
- Logistics Engineers
- Mechatronics Engineers
- Project Management Specialists
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about architectural and engineering managers.