Training & Development Specialists
Also called: Corporate Trainer, Job Training Specialist, Senior Instructor, Supervisory Training Specialist
What they do:Design and conduct training and development programs to improve individual and organizational performance. May analyze training needs.
On the job, you would:
- Assess training needs through surveys, interviews with employees, focus groups, or consultation with managers, instructors, or customer representatives.
- Design, plan, organize, or direct orientation and training programs for employees or customers.
- Offer specific training programs to help workers maintain or improve job skills.
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- customer service
- using the best training or teaching strategies for learning new things
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- teaching people how to do something
- understanding people's reactions
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- use rules to solve problems
- do two or more things at the same time
- pay attention to something without being distracted
- remember words, numbers, pictures, or steps
People interested in this work like activities that include helping people, teaching, and talking.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Computer based training software
- Adobe Systems Adobe Captivate
- Articulate Rapid E-Learning Studio
Graphics or photo imaging software
Web platform development software
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
- Adult Basic & Secondary Education & Literacy Teachers & Instructors
- Elementary School Teachers
- Middle School Teachers
- Secondary School Teachers
- Special Education Teachers, Middle School
You might like a career in one of these industries: