Budget Analyst, Budget Coordinator, Budget Officer, Policy Analyst
What they do:Examine budget estimates for completeness, accuracy, and conformance with procedures and regulations. Analyze budgeting and accounting reports.
On the job, you would:
- Summarize budgets and submit recommendations for the approval or disapproval of funds requests.
- Analyze monthly department budgeting and accounting reports to maintain expenditure controls.
- Examine budget estimates for completeness, accuracy, and conformance with procedures and regulations.
- accounting and economics
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Safety and Government
- law and government
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- reading work related information
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- add, subtract, multiply, or divide
- choose the right type of math to solve a problem
- listen and understand what people say
- read and understand what is written
Ideas and Logic
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- use rules to solve problems
People interested in this work like activities that include data, detail, and regular routines.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Analytical Thinking
- Stress Tolerance
You might use software like this on the job:
Data base user interface and query software
- Microsoft Access
- Structured query language SQL
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- SAP Crystal Xcelsius
Enterprise resource planning ERP software
- Microsoft Dynamics GP
- Sage Active Planner
Education: (rated 4 of 5)
bachelor's degree or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are less likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Accountants & Auditors
- Financial Examiners
- Financial Managers
- Personal Financial Advisors
- Treasurers & Controllers
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about budget analysts.