Application Developer, Application Integration Engineer, Software Architect, Software Developer
What they do:Research, design, and develop computer and network software or specialized utility programs. Analyze user needs and develop software solutions, applying principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis. Update software or enhance existing software capabilities. May work with computer hardware engineers to integrate hardware and software systems, and develop specifications and performance requirements. May maintain databases within an application area, working individually or coordinating database development as part of a team.
On the job, you would:
- Analyze information to determine, recommend, and plan installation of a new system or modification of an existing system.
- Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Confer with data processing or project managers to obtain information on limitations or capabilities for data processing projects.
Knowledge information for this career will be available soon.
Skills information for this career will be available soon.
Abilities information for this career will be available soon.
Information for this career will be available soon.
You might use software like this on the job:
Development environment software
- Oracle Java 2 Platform Enterprise Edition J2EE
- Oracle SQL Developer
Data base user interface and query software
- Blackboard software
Object or component oriented development software
- Apache Spark
Education: (rated 4 of 5)
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Computer Hardware Engineers
- Computer Programmers
- Computer Systems Analysts
- Computer Systems Engineers/Architects
- Software Quality Assurance Analysts & Testers
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about software developers.