What they do:Evaluate network system security by conducting simulated internal and external cyberattacks using adversary tools and techniques. Attempt to breach and exploit critical systems and gain access to sensitive information to assess system security.
On the job, you would:
- Assess the physical security of servers, systems, or network devices to identify vulnerability to temperature, vandalism, or natural disasters.
- Collect stakeholder data to evaluate risk and to develop mitigation strategies.
- Conduct network and security system audits, using established criteria.
Knowledge information for this career will be available soon.
Skills information for this career will be available soon.
Abilities information for this career will be available soon.
Information for this career will be available soon.
You might use software like this on the job:
Development environment software
- Oracle Java 2 Platform Enterprise Edition J2EE
Operating system software
- Shell script
Transaction security and virus protection software
- Invicti Acunetix
Education: (rated 4 of 5)
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Computer Systems Engineers/Architects
- Information Security Analysts
- Information Security Engineers
- Software Developers
- Software Quality Assurance Analysts & Testers
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about penetration testers.