What they do:Develop and implement a set of techniques or analytics applications to transform raw data into meaningful information using data-oriented programming languages and visualization software. Apply data mining, data modeling, natural language processing, and machine learning to extract and analyze information from large structured and unstructured datasets. Visualize, interpret, and report data findings. May create dynamic data reports.
On the job, you would:
- Analyze, manipulate, or process large sets of data using statistical software.
- Apply feature selection algorithms to models predicting outcomes of interest, such as sales, attrition, and healthcare use.
- Apply sampling techniques to determine groups to be surveyed or use complete enumeration methods.
Knowledge information for this career will be available soon.
Skills information for this career will be available soon.
Abilities information for this career will be available soon.
Information for this career will be available soon.
You might use software like this on the job:
Data base user interface and query software
- Amazon Web Services AWS software
- Structured query language SQL
- Microsoft PowerPoint
Object or component oriented development software
Education: (rated 4 of 5)
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Bioinformatics Scientists
- Financial Quantitative Analysts
- Operations Research Analysts
- Statistical Assistants
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about data scientists.