Also called: Quality Assurance Engineer, Quality Engineer, Quality Management Systems Engineer, Supplier Quality Engineer
What they do:Design or plan protocols for equipment or processes to produce products meeting internal and external purity, safety, and quality requirements.
On the job, you would:
- Study product characteristics or customer requirements to determine validation objectives and standards.
- Analyze validation test data to determine whether systems or processes have met validation criteria or to identify root causes of production problems.
- Develop validation master plans, process flow diagrams, test cases, or standard operating procedures.
Engineering and Technology
- product and service development
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- manufacture and distribution of products
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- customer service
- reading work related information
- talking to others
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- measuring how well a system is working and how to improve it
- communicate by writing
- read and understand what is written
Ideas and Logic
- use rules to solve problems
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- choose the right type of math to solve a problem
- add, subtract, multiply, or divide
People interested in this work like activities that include ideas, thinking, and figuring things out.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Analytical Thinking
You might use software like this on the job:
Development environment software
Analytical or scientific software