Chief Engineer, Dimensional Integration Engineer, Senior Engineering Team Leader, Technical Services Manager
What they do:
Develop new or improved designs for vehicle structural members, engines, transmissions, or other vehicle systems, using computer-assisted design technology. Direct building, modification, or testing of vehicle or components.
On the job, you would:
- Conduct or direct system-level automotive testing.
- Conduct automotive design reviews.
- Develop engineering specifications or cost estimates for automotive design concepts.
Engineering and Technology
- product and service development
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
Arts and Humanities
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- manufacture and distribution of products
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- reading work related information
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- use rules to solve problems
- choose the right type of math to solve a problem
- add, subtract, multiply, or divide
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Analytical Thinking
You might use software like this on the job:
Analytical or scientific software
- Gamma Technologies GT-SUITE
Computer aided design CAD software
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Dassault Systemes CATIA
Graphics or photo imaging software
- Adobe Systems Adobe Photoshop
- Ambient Design ArtRage
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
per year, on average
You might like a career in one of these industries: