Automotive Engineering Technicians
Also called: Emissions Engineer, Engineering Team Supervisor, Research Technician, Test Engineer
What they do:Assist engineers in determining the practicality of proposed product design changes and plan and carry out tests on experimental test devices or equipment for performance, durability, or efficiency.
On the job, you would:
- Document test results, using cameras, spreadsheets, documents, or other tools.
- Set up mechanical, hydraulic, or electric test equipment in accordance with engineering specifications, standards, or test procedures.
- Read and interpret blueprints, schematics, work specifications, drawings, or charts.
Engineering and Technology
- product and service development
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- movement of people or goods by air, rail, sea, or road
- reading work related information
- talking to others
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- read and understand what is written
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- use rules to solve problems
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
Hand and Finger Use
- put together small parts with your fingers
- keep your arm or hand steady
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Analytical Thinking
You might use software like this on the job:
Analytical or scientific software
- Data acquisition software
- Road simulators
New job opportunities are likely in the future.