Environmental Restoration Planners
Coastal and Estuary Specialist, Habitat Restoration Specialist, Marine Habitat Resources Specialist, Restoration Ecologist
What they do:Collaborate with field and biology staff to oversee the implementation of restoration projects and to develop new products. Process and synthesize complex scientific data into practical strategies for restoration, monitoring or management.
On the job, you would:
- Develop environmental restoration project schedules and budgets.
- Provide technical direction on environmental planning to energy engineers, biologists, geologists, or other professionals working to develop restoration plans or strategies.
- Create habitat management or restoration plans, such as native tree restoration and weed control.
Math and Science
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- communicate by speaking
- communicate by writing
Ideas and Logic
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- use rules to solve problems
- choose the right type of math to solve a problem
- add, subtract, multiply, or divide
People interested in this work like activities that include ideas, thinking, and figuring things out.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Geographic information system
- ESRI ArcGIS software
- Geographic information system GIS software
- Microsoft PowerPoint
Electronic mail software
- Email software
- Microsoft Outlook
Education: (rated 5 of 5)
bachelor's degree or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Brownfield Redevelopment Specialists & Site Managers
- Conservation Scientists
- Environmental Scientists & Specialists, Including Health
- Industrial Ecologists
- Range Managers
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about environmental restoration planners.