Food Science Technicians
Central Lab Technician (CLT), Quality Assurance Analyst (QA Analyst), Quality Control Technician (QC Technician), Quality Technician
What they do:Work with food scientists or technologists to perform standardized qualitative and quantitative tests to determine physical or chemical properties of food or beverage products. Includes technicians who assist in research and development of production technology, quality control, packaging, processing, and use of foods.
On the job, you would:
- Record or compile test results or prepare graphs, charts, or reports.
- Conduct standardized tests on food, beverages, additives, or preservatives to ensure compliance with standards and regulations regarding factors such as color, texture, or nutrients.
- Maintain records of testing results or other documents as required by state or other governing agencies.
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- manufacture and distribution of products
- food production
- customer service
- administrative services
Math and Science
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- reading work related information
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- communicate by speaking
- communicate by writing
Ideas and Logic
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- notice when problems happen
- add, subtract, multiply, or divide
- choose the right type of math to solve a problem
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Data base user interface and query software
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft PowerPoint
Electronic mail software
- IBM Lotus Notes
- Microsoft Outlook
Education: (rated 3 of 5)
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Agricultural Inspectors
- Agricultural Technicians
- Chemical Technicians
- Food Scientists & Technologists
- Quality Control Analysts
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about food science technicians.