Quality Control Analysts
Lab Technician (Lab Tech), QA Auditor (Quality Assurance Auditor), QA Tech (Quality Assurance Technician), Quality Control Technician (QC Tech)
What they do:Conduct tests to determine quality of raw materials, bulk intermediate and finished products. May conduct stability sample tests.
On the job, you would:
- Conduct routine and non-routine analyses of in-process materials, raw materials, environmental samples, finished goods, or stability samples.
- Interpret test results, compare them to established specifications and control limits, and make recommendations on appropriateness of data for release.
- Calibrate, validate, or maintain laboratory equipment.
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- manufacture and distribution of products
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- administrative services
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- reading work related information
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- measuring how well a system is working and how to improve it
- read and understand what is written
- communicate by writing
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- use rules to solve problems
- choose the right type of math to solve a problem
- quickly compare groups of letters, numbers, pictures, or other things
People interested in this work like activities that include data, detail, and regular routines.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Analytical Thinking
You might use software like this on the job:
Program testing software
- Hewlett Packard LoadRunner
Desktop communications software
Data base user interface and query software
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Structured query language SQL
Education: (rated 3 of 5)
high school diploma/GED or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Calibration Technologists & Technicians
- Chemical Technicians
- Industrial Engineers
- Quality Control Systems Managers
- Validation Engineers
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about quality control analysts.